International School on Tool-based Rigorous Engineering of Software Systems
The International School on Tool-based Rigorous Engineering of Software Systems (STRESS) series aims to provide top-quality lectures and innovative pedagogical material that provide young researchers with:
- Instructions in existing and emerging formal methods and software engineering techniques that are tool-supported and process-oriented
- Insights into how software is developed in the real world, including emphasis on domains such as safety/mission-critical software and embedded systems where the development effort associated with tool-based formal methods promises greatest returns
- Case-studies and example domains in which formal methods have been successfully transitioned into actual development along with insights in how to bridge the gap between research tools and actual development processes
- Additional pedagogical resources and personal contacts that they can explore for the purpose of increasing the impact of their research.
Challenge on Rigorous Examination of Reactive Systems
The RERS Challenge 2021 is the 8th International Challenge on the Rigorous Examination of Reactive Systems and is co-located with ISoLA 2021. RERS is designed to encourage software developers and researchers to apply and combine their tools and approaches in a free style manner to answer evaluation questions for reachability and LTL formulas on specifically designed benchmarks. The goal of this challenge is to provide a basis for the comparison of verification techniques and available tools.
The main aims of RERS 2021 are to :
- Encourage the combination of usually different research fields for better software verification results
- Provide a comparison foundation based on differently tailored benchmarks that reveals the strengths and weaknesses of specific approaches
- Initiate a discussion for better benchmark generation reaching out across the usual community barriers to provide benchmarks useful for testing and comparing a wide variety of tools
For more information visit the RERS 2021 website.
Doctoral Symposium with Poster Session and Postconference Proceedings
ISoLA 2021 will again host a Doctoral Symposium to provide young researchers with valuable scientific feedback and networking opportunities. Master and PhD students are invited to present their research ideas and projects, discuss them with the scientific community, and establish collaborations in their field of research.
The Doctoral Symposium will be held as combination of poster sessions and short presentations. Posters will be on display all along the ISoLA symposium, and generous coffee breaks will offer plenty of time for elaborate discussion of the posters. Additionally there will be a Doctoral Symposium session in the conference program, where all participants give short presentations of their work.